Note: This returns policy concerns goods brought through our internet site only. If goods have been brought in-store, please refer to returns policy displayed there.
Delivery of Goods
For a trouble-free installation, we recommend getting goods delivered at least two working days prior to your installer commencing works. This is to ensure you have adequate time to check that the goods supplied are present, correct and free from any damage or defects which could in turn slow down your installation. All of the items we supply are packaged extremely well, however in the event of an item being supplied damaged you must advise us within 48 hours of the item being supplied.
We understand that every now and then an issue may occur and you may need to cancel your order. This could be for a number of reasons;
1. The Items may be faulty or damaged.
2. The items may not be required.
3. The items may be too big or too small.
You have the right to cancel your order at any time before the goods are dispatched or within 14 days from the date the items were received. You can notify us of your intention to cancel either by email, telephone or in writing. In the event of a special or bespoke item being ordered we are governed by the lead times provided to us from our suppliers and cannot be liable for any delays that are beyond our control.
Cancellation and Return of Goods
1. We cannot accept return of goods without prior consent or arrangement. Once a return has been agreed we will issue you with the necessary paperwork for you to return items to us.
2. If you no longer require the goods, for whatever reason, we will accept returns request provided it is within 14 days of receipt. We do not charge re-stocking for any items that are stocked by ourselves, however our suppliers often charge between 15-25% re-stocking fees for items to be returned to them. In the case of non-stock items being ordered for you, these charges will be confirmed with the supplier and yourself upon request and deducted from your final refund.
3. All cancelled goods must be returned in their original packaging and be in a re-sellable condition. We are unable to accept items back where the box has been ripped open or products have been damaged whilst in your care.
4. We recommend you check all items will fit prior to them being unwrapped and prior to installation. Once goods are unwrapped or partially installed, we cannot accept a return.
5. If you have ordered an item specifically manufactured or personalized for you, we cannot accept cancelation at any time.
Return of Faulty Goods
You must fully inspect all products received on the day of delivery. If you are installing for a third party, we recommend that the item is to their satisfaction before installation commences. We must be notified of any items that arrive damaged within 48hrs of receipt. Upon notification, we will contact the manufacturer and provide you with a resolution. You should not dispose of the goods unless we tell you to do so. Should an item be alleged faulty after installation, we will need to ascertain whether the item or the installation is at fault. In many cases, a simple resolution can be found. Should we request that you send goods back to us, we ask that you include a receipt for any postage costs that you may incur so that we may refund the full cost of postage. During the process of inspecting, we do ask that any damage be reported as soon as possible to ensure a quick and effective resolution. All goods reported as faulty will be tested by the relevant manufacturer, if it is determined the goods are not faulty or if the faults are deemed to be caused by damage, abuse, or incorrect installation this will void any warranty and goods will be returned to you and no refund or replacement issued.
Warranty & Guarantees
Thompson and Leigh Ltd offer a 12-month Guarantee, if a product develops a fault within this time period please contact ASAP. Many products may have a longer manufacturer guarantee, in which any redress is at the manufacturer's discretion. Should any of your products develop a fault during the manufacturer's warranty period we still ask you to contact us initially, we will then advise you on what to do next. All manufacturers have different procedures for dealing with various faults. We may deal with the replacement of goods on their behalf, if instructed to do so or they may deal directly with you, in which case we will provide you with all the relevant contact information, whereupon they will take over.